Sunday, November 05, 2006

Autumn!

I reallly love this season. I love the food, the weather, the holiday cheer that permeates everything!

I took this picture at Homestead Farm where we got our Halloween pumpkins. We ate some of the fruit of that day's work for breakfast this morning. We had baked apples with granola, and yummy oatmeal pumpkin muffins. Did I mention that I LOVE the foods of this season??? ;)

My son picked a 25 lb pumpkin this year. To me this was a sure sign he is growing up. He used to look for the smaller pumpkins. The ones that were 'his size'. Not this year. Twenty Five Pounds!!! He designed his jack-o-lantern to look like Jack Skellington, King of Halloweentown.
It was HUGE... and will provide us much pumpkin mush well into the new year. My daughter made a cat.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mountainboy said...

Great looking squash!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Pierre said...

Beautiful autumn still life...

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Great season, isn't it? Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday, and this photo certainly depicts it.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool colored pumpkins :)

2:01 AM  
Blogger perle de rosée said...

Beautiful colours !

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home