Saturday, May 27, 2006

Muppet Magic

For as long as I can remember, Muppets have made me smile. As far as I am concerned, Jim Henson is a genius. Puppetry is such a wonderful art. It is sculpture and storytelling and everything silly and wonderful that makes it all come alive.

The Smithsonian Museum of American History has some of Jim Henson's muppets on display until the end of summer. I'm certain to be visiting Rowlf the dog and many of my other friends again before then.

I wanted to add that the museum will close for renovations at the end of the summer.

5 Comments:

Blogger D.J. said...

I loved this exhibit! The Muppets made a HUGE impression on me, which you could probably tell by now.

BTW - I have to point out that I am visitor 1,000 to DC Daily Photo! I win!

7:16 PM  
Blogger D.J. said...

Oh yeah - I also have to say this photo was nicely done. It was hard to get a good shot with all the reflections in the museum, but you did it!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Passante said...

Cool shot!

By the way, in response to your post on my blog, you're not far wrong. I took that photograph about 15 years ago at least!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Muppets make me smile too! Cool to see some of these "older" muppets.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

I grew up on sesame streets! and still watch them with my nephews *blush*

5:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home