Saturday, May 13, 2006

Thomas Circle


We move to DC in June of last year. Thomas Circle has been under construction the entire time. It may not seem like much too look at from this picture, but we have high hope. It has come quite a long way. When living in NYC, we watched, waited and finally saw the 'unveiling' of Columbus Circle. We left before being able to fully enjoy that bit of NY, but look forward to this one much in the same way.

Personally, I hope this little circle.. this space of (what will be) green in a sea of traffic, will be a nice spot to sit and read, Perhaps, to play. A space in which the kids and I can visit with their daddy for lunch, or wave to him whist we lunch and he toils away in the office above. (Obviously the visit is preferable!)

Anyway, this is a historic type picture. One which I shall reshoot, as time passes, and hopefully, soon, as construction comes to an end, I shall reveal the completed Thomas Circle.

Now you all can wait along with me!

7 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

It already looks very different from when I wass there. I think it's going to be lovely!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Great idea to show the progress! Love that kind of photos - looking forward to it. Happy Mother's Day to you!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Oh, I'm for the lunch with daddy. =) Right now hubby lives 1.5 miles from home so he comes home for lunch most days. But before that we used to meet him for lunch once a week at a park near work. Looking forward to the upcoming pictures.

3:47 PM  
Blogger jenni said...

it really has changed a lot in a short time.. Dawn.. did you notice that tree.. it was bare when you were here! and it is as if suddenly the construction seems to have a purpose.. we'll see.

Thanks for the Mother's day wish, Nicola... I also love the progression photos... and living here in DC>> so much is being built right now.. I keep meaning to shoot from our room so that all the cranes can be seen. It's amazing.

and Natalie! I know what you mean.. Home for lunch would be amazing!
I loved your 'family portrait'... next time, try to not be hiding behind that camera! LOL =)

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How's Scott Circle these days?

4:08 AM  
Blogger jenni said...

I posted a shot of Scott Circle from the roof top a few weeks ago... it was a rainy day. I will have to go up and take some more! I will also walk down to the circle one of these days.. there is a lot to shoot there. One of the statues facing the circle was recently cleaned and looks really neat.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! This is an extremely random question, but I came across your blog while googling rooftops in Thomas Circle and was wondering if you could tell me if there are good ones that you've seen that I could possibly rent for a wedding ceremony. Just an hour or two... I'm having my reception at the Westin at 14th and M St. and it's very hard to tell which buildings have rooftops from street level.

Thanks for your help!

Best, Emilie

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home