Saturday, July 21, 2007

DANGER!


Here's a sight a tad less pleasing to see. Actually, it helps be bring up something that really irks me about this city. WHY is it that in DC, when there is construction, they close off the sidewalk. In NYC and Los Angeles, and I'm sure other major cities, if a sidewalk is closed, room is made in the street to allow pedestrian traffic. Here, it's more of a 'fend for yourself you walking weirdos' sort of attitude.... or maybe that's just how I feel when I'm force to cross a street with my arms laden with heavy grocery bags.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger • Eliane • said...

Yes, they rarely close the sideways here. Although the other day, they closed a block because a construction crane was handling some very heavy load on a building under construction there. Yea, I'd prefer not to be nearby if the cable fails... But you would walk on the other side of the street, which I guess does not make much difference if something like that should happen.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home