Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Washington Monument 3.18.06


Today's photograph of the Washington Monument was taking March 18. That was a day of clear blues skies and spring weather. Today the temperature has plummeted to the mid forties and the rain has yet to stop all day. I feel bad for my Dad visiting during the one weekend where we've been rained out pretty consistently.

I am posting the Washington Monument because one it is one of the pictures that my brother-in-law asked my Dad to take. We live here and no one in our family has ever requested to see any of the sites photographed, yet my Dad comes for a weekend and he gets requests.

We were just out walking when we passed the spot where I took this picture. I love how the light makes the monument look flat... as if it could be a cardboard cutout in front of bright blue paper!

And I love the trees... always will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...it does look 2 dimensional. Very cool!

I hope it warms up for you soon.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home