Saturday, July 15, 2006

mellow yellow

When I was little, everytime we saw a VW bug all the kids in my family would yell "SLUG BUG" and someone would get slugged.
It was brutal.
My hubby and I decided to raise more peaceful, loving children. When we see a VW bug, like the mellow yellow one in this picture, we hear "HUG BUG!" and someone is on the receiving end of a hug. I'm usually the lucky recipient. I actually had to tell my daughter to give me some warning because many times we'd be out walking and she'd slam herself into me with the intent of being the first to spot the "HUG BUG!". It is brutal ;) but in a good way!

I saw this yellow VW in front of the yellow building today and grabbed my camera. I've been singing "Mellow Yellow" ever since.

2 Comments:

Blogger Smart Socratics said...

I love it! And Donovan too! Great pic. I'm happily looking for more.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I played some variant of slug bug as a kid, but I don't remember it involving hitting each other. =) I like how the bug matches the building.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home