Thursday, April 27, 2006

fleeting flowers


I walked by this house many many times and finally, on a Tuesday I pulled out my camera. I wasn't feeling great when I took this shot, and I intended to go back to reframe it. Four days later we were out walking and we passed by this corner. I can only imagine it was the storms from the night before which deflowered the lawn. I was so accustomed to seeing all the color that I almost didn't realize that it was the same house. The lawn was full of tulip stems just sticking out of the ground, petals strewn around.

6 Comments:

Blogger midnitebara said...

still very pretty, love the nice blue house at the back!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Nicola said...

Nice color combination with the blue of the house and the tulips. Reminds me of the Netherlands somehow :).

11:47 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Wonderful contrast in the colour of the house and the tulips. Thank you for sharing.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

a great pic. the colours , the sun ..wish to see it myself :)

12:58 AM  
Blogger Pierre said...

I love this kind of (antebellum? classical?) architecture! Beautiful framing too...

2:56 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

Love this shot Jenni!

That blue is one of my favorite shades...and as a backdrop for those tulips? Exquisite!

Yeah, aren't those cows hilarious? Being an artsy fartsy person, I'd love the chance to paint one someday!

Wishful thinking...just like wanting to be back in Paris again! LOL!

PS: My sister lives in St. Michaels, MD...another beautiful seaside village!

Tootles!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home