Friday, August 04, 2006

Swinging at the white house


This picture was taken last year on a very hot August day. It's a bit of a tourist shot, but more of a behind the scenes tourist shot. We happened to be out and about on the day that they invited a limited number of the general public to walk in the gardens behind the White House. My father-in-law was in town visiting from Ohio, which was really the only reason we would have been out and about sweating in the yard behind the White House!
The swing is in the back lawn of the White House and was put up for Caroline and John Jr.

4 Comments:

Blogger dawn said...

I wouldn't have thought "tourist" when I looked at it. It looks more like an idyllic place to be. :-)

7:02 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

beautiful and so calm. just what I needed to end my day.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

It looks beautiful. I wonder if the first family ever spends much time enjoying it.

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lonesome history in this shot.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home